Congratulations on your pregnancy.
I was recently asked if massage would help an expectant mother with her back pain. I looked on my site and found I had not told you about the benefits ……..
A massage during your pregnancy will greatly benefit your body.
It is a great time to focus on yourself and your growing baby.
Massage during pregnancy can help to reduce swelling, promote relaxation and helps your body to prepare for the birth.(This service can be claimed on your health fund)
The more relaxed you, the expectant Mum is, the more effective your labour will be.
Prenatal massage offers a wide range of benefits, which include the following:
- Eases backaches, headaches, shoulder and neck aches that may be caused by muscle tension and shifts in posture to accommodate increasing weight
- Decreases pain in the pelvic/hip area
- Increases circulation
- Improves digestion
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves skin elasticity that can help reduce stretch marks
- Helps reduce swelling in such places as hands and lower legs
- Can alleviate the stress on weight-bearing joints, like the knees, which are impacted by the extra weight of a growing baby
- Promotes relaxation and deep breathing
- Helps stabilize hormone levels by lessening anxiety
Expectant mums experience unique physical and emotional changes that occur as a result of increased weight, shifting posture, and adjusting hormone levels. While this is a beautiful period of heightened expectation and joy, mothers-to-be also endure heightened physical discomfort that ranges from muscular tension and headaches to pressure on the knees.
Prenatal massage is a natural, touch therapy treatment aimed at alleviating these and other pregnancy related symptoms.
Talk with you soon ..Sharon
Call us at Bodysense to arrange your treatment on 8536 8366